Sunday, December 11, 2011

Figurative Language In Poems And Songs

Onomatopoeia:

•Boom boom boom boom boom boom

-Super Bass, Nicki Minaj


Assonance:

• I wish nothing but the best for you too

-Someone Like You, Adele


Repetition:

•Bass bass bass bass bass bass bass

-Super Bass, Nicki Minaj


Rhyme:

•I said excuse me you a hell of a guy, i mean my my my my your like pelican fly

-Super Bass, Nicki Minaj


Alliteration:

•Ship ship, drip drip, lip lip

-Super Bass, Nicki Minaj


Personification:

•We just wanna make the world dance

-Price Tag, Jessie J


Metaphor:

•You are the thunder and i am the lightning

- Naturally, Selena Gomez


Simile:

• All eyes on me in the center ring just a like a circus

-Circus, Britney Spears


Imagery:

•The chilly weather into your bones, those once green leaves turn red, yellow and brown

-Fall, Natasha Niemi


Hyperbole:

•I would catch a grenade for you

-Grenade, Bruno Mars


Synecdoche:

•The world treated him badly

-Madness, John Smith


Apostrophe:

•Busy old fool, unruly sun, why dost thou thus, through windows and through certain curtains call

-The sun rising, John Donne


Irony:

•Why are the things that have no death the ones that neither sight nor breath!

-Irony, Louis Huntermeyer


Understatement:

•I have eaten the plums that were in the icebox

-This is just to say, W.C. Williams

No comments:

Post a Comment